Whether you are an experienced artist looking for a new medium to express yourself in or are someone who has never tried your hand at any artistic endeavor, this class is for you. In this fun and educational workshop you will be introduced to glass fusion through a variety of exciting and interactive projects. The objective of this class is to provide you with a solid foundation in the art of fused-glass and allow you to become an open lab member
- The different types of glass used in glass fusion and the importance of glass compatibility.
- Learn the different types of glass fusing methods including Tack, Slump, Full and Drape.
- Learn about the different forms of glass such as Frit, Powder, Glass Stringers, Iridized Glass, Dichoric, and how each can be used in creating Fused-Glass Art.
- Learn how to cut and form glass using hand cutters and introduced to the cold room tools.
- Learn about “Kiln Glass Carving” and try your hand at creating one project using this method.
During this workshop you will create and design four unique projects: kiln carving wall art (Full Fuse) , Tack Fused pocket vase, Retro style Slumped Bowl and a drape votive candle holder.
Dates: Tuesdays: October 25th November 1st, 8 and 15 from 10:00am-12:00pm